As working men and women — everyone and everywhere — we are our greatest resource.
We organize and represent workers to ensure our voice is heard, our place at the table is kept and the American dream is ours in the 21st century.
As a labor union, we hold these values as our working principles:
- Honesty: We are honest with ourselves and each other.
- Inclusiveness: Every group, every idea is welcomed.
- Full Participation: We encourage and expect full participation in all union matters.
- Respect: We respect each other and honor our differences.
- Diversity: We celebrate our diversity and use it to strengthen us.
- Open Communications: We listen and provide for open communication across all parts of our union and in all directions.
- Accountability: We are accountable for our actions and decisions.
- Fiscal Responsibility: We conduct our business in a fiscally sound manner.
As a labor union, we are committed to union democracy and we follow these values with integrity.
*As taken from the CSEA New York mission